Girls Varsity Comp. Cheer
Welcome to the South Lyon Competitive Cheerleading page!
Please pre-register for tryouts at: https://forms.gle/pNuEye1bxrPL99839
Tryout material will be sent virtually on 11/9. Prospective athletes are expected to learn the material on their own. Athletes will tryout in person on 11/10, at an assigned time (after school).
Practices will be Monday-Friday, 245-445, and Saturdays from 8-12 on 11/14, 11/21, and 12/5.
***Because our limitations for 2020-21 are limited, competition schedule is still TBD due to limited teams. Please earmark ALL Saturdays from Jan-end of Feb. There will be some Wednesday competitions as well, and are still fluid! We will know more as the time comes! Thank you for your understanding!***
COVID-19 Participation Rules for Competitive 2020-21:
- Each athlete and coach MUST complete the following Health Questionnaire Response Log on a DAILY basis prior to attending practice. https://bit.ly/slhsath
- Prior to tryouts, all athletes MUST preregister here: https://forms.gle/DV2evrqxLC1pXHoz5
- Prior to tryouts, all athletes must have:
- 1. A new physical taken after April 15th, 2020 OR
- 2. A valid on file physical from last year, taken after April 15th, 2019 along with completing the MHSAA Health Questionnaire to provide some more up to date health information, found here: https://slhslions.com/library/files/southlyonhighschool_bigteams_17933/files/MHSAA%20Health%20Questionnaire.pdf
- Water bottles must be labeled with athlete's name
- Bring sanitizer, labeled with athlete's name
- Please bring mask, all athletes must show up with mask on
- No spitting
- No use of restrooms
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or inside of elbow
- Must remain 6 feet from one another
- If athlete has a temperature above 100.3, they may not attend, and if during random screen at practice, if temperature is above 100.3, athlete must be sent home immediately
NO EXCEPTIONS TO ANY OF THE ABOVE
Please see the TEAM FILES tab to review and familiarize yourself with the rules and expectations of the cheerleading program. Here you will also find a breakdown of the cost sheet, and additional resources.
Thank you for visiting, good luck, and GO LIONS!
All cheer team members receive many valuable and rewarding experiences from being a part of this program, experiences they will remember long after they graduate from high school. These activities will not only channel their enthusiasm in a constructive and beneficial manner, but will give them a sense of pride and accomplishment in being a part of a group that is hard-working and respected. Cheerleading is not a social group, nor does it mean instant popularity; it is a form of character-building and physical development which requires a lot of hard work and dedication. Because it is a physical activity, is also involves a risk of physical injury. When making your decision regarding whether or not to try out, please be aware of this risk.